Thursday, November 29, 2007

Fantastic Four

Today we had our second house party to celebrate the last day of first term classes.

Paolo invited a "few" people. Now, everybody expects intercultural misunderstandings in a place like China. But nobody would expect them to happen between yourself and your Italian flatmate...

To make a long story short: We ended up having more than 70 (in words: seventy) people in our flat. In fact, I almost started to worry about the static properties of the building structure.

Once the rush was gone, there just remained the four of us and a bottle of Whiskey. The more the bottle drained, the more philosophical the conversation got (at least judging from Dani, Plato must have been a chronic alcoholic!)

Towards the end of the bottle, we started to vow three things that we would change in the second term. I said I was going to study Chinese language more seriously. Unfortunately, I cannot remember my other two vows... too much Whiskey... But I'm confident that my unconcious self will see to proper fullfillment ;-)

No comments: