Friday, November 30, 2007

I love the Philippines!

I guess I will never be able to fully repay my debt to the OB professor, who made me come to Manila in the first place ;-)

I quick word of advice: If you'll ever live abroad for a few months and get homesick, just visit some Swiss friends who live in a nearby country.

Martin and his lovely wife Som went to great lengths to make me feel right at home.

First thing after arrival was to take me shopping to Säntis Delicatessen, a store that sells whatever a real Swiss person desires: Aromat, Kägi Fret, Hero Rösti, Cervelats, a wide selection of cheese, and of course Muntz "Schoggimüsli".

They then proudly fired up their raclette oven and suddenly their house in the middle of Makati city turned into a home far away from home! And then, the next thing you know, is you being served home-baked "Buurezüpfe" for breakfest. WOW!

The three coolest things to do in Manila:
1. Eating Raclette
2. Surfing the non-chinese (i. e. uncensored, high speed) web
3. Killing time with Xbox games

No comments: