Saturday, January 26, 2008

A night out at Malones

Yesterday we went out to celebrate. No, there was no particular reason for it. Why on earth would we need a reason anyway? Relying on reasons just limits opportunities for celebration. Comprendre?

The evening didn't begin very promising though. I went out to have dinner with some '06 students. They brought me to this burger place, where the milk shake alone adds about 2 dinner's worth of calories to your diet.

I then went to People7, a really cool restaurant/bar to meet some other '06ers 'cause I'm trying to figure out which of the coming electives are worth going to, which obbviously requires highly classified insider knowledge...

Once I was done there and wanted to meet my own crowd it had started to massively pour down. And as local expats tend to put it: "Whenever the environment turns hostile, there are no more taxis available".

It took me about an hour to get a transport, despite all attempts, including trying to "buy" a taxi from existing occupants. What do you mean you can't do that? Of course you can. This is China, the worlds most advanced capitalistic system. Money will buy you (almost) anything in this place.

Finally I made it to Malones, a cool bar I hadn't known before where my people where hanging out. Quite nice, great live band and a good crowd.

No comments: