Thursday, January 24, 2008

The exchange dilemma

We just got our Term 1 transcript.

Apparently it was a typo when they stated that the grades would be ready by end of February. So my rant was only partly justified and I hereby apologize for wrongly accusing whoever responsible. No, it is not like they discovered this blog and traded non-expulsion against rectification ;-)

Anyway, my grades turned out to be better than expected. I got a B+ in Organizational Behaviour, which is kind of hard to explain after my inital exam results. Looks like the other professor in the second half didn't hate me as much... I mean... valued my contribution and humour much more than the first one (thanks Jean, we all love you!).

And now to something completely different...

With my current grades I get a fair chance to go to my exchange school of choice. Which has created a new problem.

See, I think I should go to LBS because they have a good reputation and an excellent alumni network. And since I see my future mainly in Europe that looks like a huge long-term payoff.

But then again, I'd love to go to UCLA. The weather is much nicer, the school specializes in entrepreneurship and in general it sounds like much more fun. Not to mention californian girls - oops I didn't say that...

So what's it gonna be: Long-term payoff or fun?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well well... difficult choice.... in your position, I would still rather choose a overseas-university, than a european one.... Melbourne would be my choice...

But on the other hand, click the link below, push the play-button and think it all over.... ;-)

http://hitparade.ch/showitem.asp?interpret=The+Beach+Boys&titel=California+Girls&cat=s#